Updated Filofax tabs.

A month or so ago, I posted about using my Motex embosser to label my divider tabs. All good in theory, but not great in practise! I should have used some sort of clear tape to cover the labels I think, because pretty soon they were sliding about and disappearing. You may have noticed in a couple of my ‘My Week‘ posts…

I decided that it was about time I got it sorted. I still had my ‘finance’ tab on show, and the information behind that tab was actually blog-related! To sort it out, I binned my beloved martha stewart sticky tabs (i need to find more!) and made new tabs out of card and washi tape. It was really easy – all I did was cut five tab shapes from the card, wrap them in washi and then glue/tape to the dividers that I already had. Then I just used a black pen to write on the labels. It looks so much neater now!

They’re not quite in line; I thought I’d stuck them on equally spaced, but photo evidence shows differently. Nevertheless, they’re working for me right now!

Advertisements

Filofax Update…

So I recently noticed that my Filofax just wasn’t working for me – not properly. I had started to write to-do lists (everyday!) in a separate notebook, and my diary just wasn’t getting much use… Anyway, here’s what it looks like now (did some changes), and how I’m getting it to work!

It isn’t stuffed very much, and I still have the same divider in the beginning…

This is a recent addition – I managed to find a cheap plastic wallet and business cards. At the moment they’re holding my train tickets for next week, and a polaroid that I took the other day!

Now here’s my diary, looking quite empty! The pages on the right are my to-do lists from the past week!

So, I decided to make a new section. I used a dotty divider that I’d already made and put in notepaper behind it. This is my to-do section. Hopefully it gets used properly! I currently have 3 days worth of lists in since taking this photo…

Next is my University section which hasn’t changed. I have student details in there, and then this monthly planner from daytimer.

These last two are new dividers that I made last week! The one on the left contains things I need to buy – so currently it has Christmas present ideas on there! The one on the right is for my blog posts… If I think of anything to write up, it’ll be noted there!

I’m still thinking about my 2013 layout… I was going to get the week on one page with notes. Then I can write small appointments in my diary part, and the to-do lists on the notes. However, since I’ve kind of start writing lists every day, I’m now wondering whether it’s worth getting a day on one page layout! Ooh decisions! I really need to try both I think to see which works best for me!

A helping hand…

A few days ago, I blogged about the first divider that I had made for my Filofax. (You can find that post here!) It’s really easy, and you don’t need anything special!

I used:

    pen/pencil
    card
    printed photos
    pritt stick
    scissors
    holepunch
    wrapping paper
    washi tape

Well today I made some more, and I’m going to post photos and a little explanation of what I did for them underneath!
(more…)


  • I am 21 years old, currently studying Wildlife and Media at University and blogging about life, stationery, Filofax, fitness and more.

  • TITLE TITLE TITLE TITLE Follow on Bloglovin

  • Recent Posts

  • Categories

  • Philofaxy
  • bookbridgr.com
  • Goodreads

  • Archives